How to properly write a CV?
Remember – resume is your calling card. This document, which briefly and concisely presents information about you and your professional background. Properly written and prepared resume can be the key to your success. On the other hand, a deficent vita risk that our candidacy may be omitted by te recruiter.
The clear layout and short understandable content, while maintaining a certain fixed current rules allow for the correct writing of the document.
Below are rules to be followed by preparing CV:
- CV should not have too many pages, it is best if the information is placed on siede of A4,
- selected font should be one of the standard,
- avoid unnececessary frills.
- language should be understanable,
- write short and concise, avoid large descriptions,
- it is unacceptable to misspell.
Basic information about yourself:
- first name and last name,
- age (date of birth or the number of years),
- phone number,
- e-mail (avoid use the e-mails unprofessional-sounding, best if they have a form: name.lastname@...),
- in addition, you can put your picture , but remember that it was timely and formal.
- information should be prepared in certain order, at the beggining: school completed in the immediate past , at the end of – school completed in the further past (schools)
- enter the start and end dates of study (schools), the name of the university (schools), department name (class profile), obtained a title eg. Master, engineer. Technican etc.
- you can put information about the topic of the thesis and a final evaluation, but it is not a requirement
- should include all work experience , as in the case of education should be maintained order with respect to the dates,
- take into account the start and end dates of work, company name (you can also enter information about the business industry), the name of the job, the description of the most important responsibilities – here briefly and concisely mention the most important tasks in the workplace – it can be done in sections,
- if one company worked on more than one position it should also be noted, including the time when there was change of position.
4.Knowlage of foreign languages
- replace the foreign languages that we know of, and information on what level we use them,
- in addition, if we have certificates conforming language skills, you should write what is a certificate and when it was obtained.
5. 5. Additional qualifications and skills
- training – what and when
- permissions, certyficates – what and when,
- knowlage and skills – eg. knowlage of computer programs, management systems, modern labor standards, etc.
- owned other documents – eg. Driver's license.
This point is less formal and voluntary. Here, you can enter brief information on personal characteristic and interests, or achivements of non-business.
At the end of the CV should be included a clause of conset to the processing of personal data for recruitment purposes.
"Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą o ochronie danych osobowych z dnia 29.08.1997r (Dz. U. Nr 133, poz. 883)".
Subscribe to our free newsletter. You will be informed about new offers.
enter e-mail *